Friday, August 2, 2013

i wasn't expecting them to give me the cash, but i was expecting them to let me buy some bottles and leave. apparently, they're not licensed for that. ok. fine. i believed that...

as i was leaving, somebody asked me where my sign was. yeah, well that's why i didn't think it was such a great idea to eat there. glass accidentally ends up in food all the time, you know.

so, i stood outside the door for a few minutes trying to scalp it. eventually, the manager came out and accused me of trying to sell them back a gift certificate that was given to me by the victim in the wage theft case. of course, that's honestly not true - it was really given to me by my grandmother. manager wasn't willing to accept that. we had a discussion about whether i was legally entitled to stand on the sidewalk or not and i eventually agreed that, because i was soliciting, i should walk down the street a little.

"anybody going to vittoria trattoria? gift certificate here! get your gift certificate here!"

they came out to shoo me off three or four times; it's a good thing i'm fast on my feet, because a few times it seemed ready to turn into a chase....

i did *almost* sell it, but in the end the guy didn't want to wait an hour and a half. in total, it didn't look like i was getting anywhere. so when somebody came up to ask me for change for the chipwagon, i sent her in to get a nice meal instead.